EZ-Pages Meta-Tags — for Zen Cart v1.5.6 and later
Current Support Thread at Zen Cart Forums: Click here.
GitHub Repository: Click here.
What it does
This plugin adds three (3) additional fields in your admin's Tools->EZ-Pages where you can enter the meta title, keywords and description for each page. Values you enter here override the built-in Zen Cart meta-tag processing for that page. The admin-level tool is updated to show the meta-tags' on/off icons depending on whether or not meta-tags have been defined for a given EZ-Page.
Three additional fields are added to your Zen Cart's
ezpages_content table by the plugin's admin-level auto-installer:
- If an EZ-Page has been configured to use an External Link URL, then the page's metatags are not used, since the link is going to an external page!
- If a store has installed a version of EZ-Pages Meta-Tags prior to v4.0.0, the admin-installation copies any recording of the meta-tags' information from the site's
ezpages table to the
ezpages_content table … and then removes that content from the
ezpages table. Be sure to make a backup copy of your database prior to installation, if this applies to your store!
This plugin has one core-file overwrite and makes changes to your store's database; you should always backup your cart's database and files prior to making any changes.
- Unzip the plugin's package file, which you've most likely already done if you're reading this!
- Rename the /YOUR_ADMIN directory to match your Zen Cart's secret admin-folder name.
- Make a copy of your current /YOUR_ADMIN/ezpages.php file; if you've made previous changes to that file, you'll need to merge those changes with this plugin's updates. Those updates add a series of notifications that are used by the plugin's admin-level "observer".
- Copy the plugin's files to your store's file system.
- Log into your Zen Cart admin-console; this will cause the auto-installer to run, adding the three new fields to the
ezpages_content database table.
Upgrading from a Version Prior To v4.0.0
If you are upgrading the EZ-Pages Meta-Tags from a version prior to v4.0.0, you'll need to first remove some of the core/template-file changes provided by those previous versions.
- Delete these no longer used files:
- Restore core-file contents. For each of these files, restore the files to their as-shipped Zen Cart version, merging any additional customizations that you might have made, but removing any sections associated with the plugin's previous version:
- Remove the plugin's previous version's changes from template-override files. If you have other customizations to this file, remove this plugin's prior additions. If the only changes were from this plugin's prior versions, you can safely remove this file from your template's override directory … restoring the use of the default processing.
Once you've removed the plugin's previous versions' changes, continue your upgrade by following the Plugin Installation instructions.
Delete the plugin's new files (see the Plugin Installation instructions) copied during the installation — the plugin's changes to your admin's
ezpages.php can safely remain, as they're the simple additions of notifications. Finally, run the /docs/ezpages_metatags/uninstall/uninstall_ezpages_metatags.sql to remove the plugin's added fields from your database.
- v4.0.0, 2019-09-20 (lat9):
- CHANGE: Drop support for Zen Cart versions prior to 1.5.6.
- CHANGE: Use Zen Cart 1.5.6c as the change-basis for the (now single!) core-file overwrite! The plugin's structure and distributed files have changed entirely.
- The following files were changed/removed/added:
- /includes/modules/YOUR_TEMPLATE/meta_tags.php (Removed from the plugin's distribution only; use the version that was distributed with your Zen Cart base files.)
- /pre_zc155/YOUR_ADMIN/includes/classes/object_info.php (Removed from the plugin's distribution only; use the version that was distributed with your Zen Cart base files.)
- /YOUR_ADMIN/includes/languages/english/ezpages.php (Removed from the plugin's distribution only; language constants are now in the plugin's language "extra_definitions".)
- v3.1.1, 2016-05-08 (lat9):
- Picked up a change to the meta_tags.php script introduced in Zen Cart 1.5.5a; correct the meta-tags entry in the admin-console to "play nice" with any installed HTML editor. The following files were changed/added:
- v3.1.0, 2016-01-02 (lat9):
- Update core- and template-override files to use Zen Cart v1.5.5 as their change-basis. An install (or upgrade) of this plugin on a version of Zen Cart prior to v1.5.5 requires the copying of an additional class file!. The following files were changed/added:
- /pre_zc155/YOUR_ADMIN/includes/classes/object_info.php (Added)
- v3.0.0, 2015-01-30 (lat9):
- Include database setup in an admin-level auto-installer — no more SQL installation script.
- Update core-file and template-override basis to Zen Cart v1.5.4.
- Standardize admin and template-override folder names for the distribution.
- Add meta-tags' on/off icons to Tools->EZ-Pages main-screen display.
- Support for Zen Cart versions prior to v1.5.1 removed.
- v2.1.0, 2012-08-91 (swguy): Added support for Zen Cart v1.3.9
- v2.0.0, 2012-03-30 (ScriptJunkie): Zen Cart v1.5.0 Updates
- Updated core- and template-override files to be compatible with Zen Cart v1.5.0.
- Clarified the installation instructions.
- Cleaned up the README file and brought it up to date.
- v1.0.0, 2008-07-10 (ebspromo): Initial Release for Zen Cart v1.3.8